A window valance is a form of window treatment that covers the uppermost part of the window and can be hung alone or paired with window blinds, or curtains. Valances are a popular decorative choice in concealing drapery .
Types of window valances
- Balloon Valances: The fabric of this valance 'balloons' out providing a full appearance. Balloon valances are commonly made of lightweight cotton material.
- Swag Valances: The fabric of this valance hangs across brackets and drapes over the top of a window, with tails hanging down on each side. Almost any type of fabric can be used.
- When a lightweight or sheer fabric is used this may be known as a scarf valance.
- Ascot Valances: The fabric of this valance forms triangular shapes which hang over curtains or drapes. These valances are often made of more elaborate materials, including silk or velvet fabric with tassels or fringe.
- Product Code: ValanceStyles
- Availability: In Stock